2019 Innovation Awards Finalists
Be inspired by 12 high impact and ground-breaking innovations, shortlisted for the 2019 Innovation Awards and presenting their stories at the 2019 Customer Strategy & Planning Conference in Warwick on April 8-9. We’re proud to announce that these 2019 case studies shine the light on key trending topics for our members.
Digital transformation and digital media
These innovators bring to life future trends with stories that are current reality, showcasing pioneering work across three different strategic areas.
- Learn from the success at RBS in turning a 100% paper process into 95% digital in 12 months, with brilliant response on customer and employee experience. As a result, they can now consistently offer mortgage offers within 24 hours, a customer first in the UK market. Learn more.
- At The Times, new customer journeys for digital subscribers were designed by marketing specialists, powered by data science and driving exceptional retention & growth. Personalised experiences or offers are presented automatically and also totally integrated with the outsourced telephone contact experience by providing insight and knowledge. Learn more.
- Machine learning is pivotal at Capita Innovations, where real time social media analytics means clients can use this insight to improve customer experience at each point of the journey, compare themselves with competitors and intervene in the Twitter conversations real time with robotics. What’s more Alexa enables customers to call direct with intelligent routing. Learn more.
Colleague wellbeing and the role of planning
Four case studies focus on employee wellbeing and the power of resource planning teams to transform colleague experience – with workforce engagement management a key trending topic.
- At E.on, a new operating model for omni channel & workforce engagement has transformed legacy working patterns, providing a platform of trust for many further changes. Learn more.
- At esure, MyTime has created a rich and create source of ideas for enabling choice, certainty and control – and engaging colleagues through brilliant communications. Learn more.
- At Anglian Water, a vital step was recruiting Love to Listen reps and planners have found new ways to be truly people-centric, including transformation of shift choices. Learn more.
- At EE, Personal Simple & Brilliant stimulated a change in mindset to do ‘one more thing’ for colleagues as well as customers; initiatives include regional routing, real-time communication and working flexibility. Learn more.
Beyond the contact centre
Three innovations take planning and insight skills enterprise-wide, an important trend that brings customer service focus to all kinds of operations within the business.
- At Capita PIP, rapidly improving results and strong collaboration resulted from nine new optimising tools and fresh insight, based on a database of information held at a new level of granularity. The team is now seen as a role model across the group for many other geographically disperse services. Learn more.
- At British Engineering Services, creating a central planning capacity was core to the success of this 150-year-old engineering inspection business when separating from RSA. The new control of service delivery offers a capability that is outstanding in the market and driving business growth. Learn more.
- At Openreach, a team planning Learning & Development for thousands of engineers raised class utilisation, cut cancellations and increased capacity scheduled by a third year on year. Learn more.
Data-led transformation and decision making
A hot topic in many business transformations is the vastly important role of data and insight.
- At Anglian Water, an internal insight community is deepening skills across the business and building AI and machine learning capability. Benefits include powerful cost savings and helping the company regain the OFWAT No:1 spot for customer service. Learn more.
- At NewDay, an initiative from the bottom up, pioneered with insight support, enables front line teams to own their own performance, stretch themselves and raise their aspirations. Employee engagement, NPS and key operational metrics are all rising. Learn more.
- Data, analytics and machine learning have also been crucial in the digital transformation innovations and in bringing new working practices to birth in resource planning.
2018 Innovations Awards Winners